Taking full advantage of daylight while we have it, to the snake we go:
There was construction on Appleby just after the climb on Wednesday, anyone been up since then? One side had a lot of loose pavement.
Ya, I rode up the north side on Saturday. Freshly paved. Some gravel left over, nothing too bad though. We will have a pre-ride and pre-descent warning about it, not too bad.
I plan on yelling "grupetto" at the base of Rattlesnake :)
I think due to the water that will be running down it after this rain that we bypass it altogether or at least neutralize attacks on it.
I vote for waiting for everyone at the top
I have arranged for a motorcycle with a red flag on it to marshal the riders through the gravel section at a controlled speed.
That was insane. How people bike so fast? Huh? How?48kph to the 401... you might as well drive FFS.
Not Normal! What a ride. Hope everyone had a... time.Btw, the descent on Appleby is good - gravel is gone and it's mint.
There was construction on Appleby just after the climb on Wednesday, anyone been up since then? One side had a lot of loose pavement.
ReplyDeleteYa, I rode up the north side on Saturday. Freshly paved. Some gravel left over, nothing too bad though. We will have a pre-ride and pre-descent warning about it, not too bad.
ReplyDeleteI plan on yelling "grupetto" at the base of Rattlesnake :)
ReplyDeleteI think due to the water that will be running down it after this rain that we bypass it altogether or at least neutralize attacks on it.
ReplyDeleteI vote for waiting for everyone at the top
ReplyDeleteI have arranged for a motorcycle with a red flag on it to marshal the riders through the gravel section at a controlled speed.
ReplyDeleteThat was insane. How people bike so fast? Huh? How?
ReplyDelete48kph to the 401... you might as well drive FFS.
Not Normal! What a ride. Hope everyone had a... time.
ReplyDeleteBtw, the descent on Appleby is good - gravel is gone and it's mint.